This speaks to His care for us, and the helplessness of His sheep. John 10:11; 1 Peter 2:25; Heb 13:20-21
John 10:11 “I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.”
1 Peter 2:25 “For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.”
Heb13:20 – 21 “Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the eternal covenant, even Jesus our Lord, 21equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.”
Those that are without a Pastor teacher are like lost sheep. Mark 6:34; Zech 10:2
Mark 6:34 “When Jesus went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and He felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd; and He began to teach them many things.”
Zech 10:2 “Therefore the people wander like sheep, They are afflicted, because there is no shepherd.”
2) Christ is the vine and believers are the branches. John 15:1-8
The branches that are removed are believers whose rewards are burnt up at the Bema Seat judgment.
1 Cor 3:10-15; Rom 11:16-24; Mat 3:8-10
Wild Olive (Tree) = Church / the body of Christ
Roots = patriarchs of the Old Testament
Natural Branches rejected and cut off = unbelieving / apostate Jews
Grafted branches of the wild olive tree = Gentiles
The mind of Christ is our provision to sustain us during our life on earth, as well as in eternity.
God the Father protects the church by separating the barren believer who produces no fruit from those willing to advance in the Pre-Designed Plan of God (PPOG).
3) Christ is the chief cornerstone and Christians are the building. Zech 10 :3-4, Psa 118:22 w/
Mat 21:42; 1 Pete 2:6-10; Eph 2:20-21
Psa 118:22 “The stone which the builders rejected, Has become the chief corner stone.”
Christ’s sacrifice and His mind are the basis on which the entire building is being constructed.
In order to execute the PPOG, we are interdependent on the power of the word, which must dwell within us.
That is part of the Mystery Doctrine for the Church age.
Christ in us is the word resident in your soul, ready for application.
Balance of Residency = Max. Bible Doctrine (B.D.) in the Soul, ready for Application, Plus the Filling of the Holy Spirit.
4) Christ is the High Priest and New Testament believers are a kingdom of Priests. Heb 2:17
Heb 2:17 “Therefore, He had to be made like His brethren in all things, so that He might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.”
And as our High Priest in like form as man, He is qualified to be our Advocate. Heb 2:18
Heb 2:18 “For since He Himself was tempted in that which He has suffered, He is able to come to the aid of those who are tempted.”
1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen race, A royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession,”
And as royal people, we are commanded to uphold the Royal Family Honor Code (RFHC), grounded in impersonal unconditional love. James 2:8
James 2:8 “If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.”
5) Christ is the Head of the Church which is the Body. Eph 4:15
Eph 4:15 “but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,”
6) Christ is the Head of a New Creation and Christians are with Him in that creation as its vital members. 2 Cor 5:17
2 Cor. 5:17 “Therefore if anyone is in (union with) Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
We have a unique position and standing that had never occurred before.
And based on our new creature status, we have not an earthly citizenship but a heavenly one. Phil 3:2
Philp 3:20 “For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;”
There are four intelligent creatures in the universe, ordained by God: Angels, Gentiles, Jews, and Christians.
- Angels – Eternity Past to Eternity Future
- Angels and Gentiles – Adam to Abraham
- Angels, Gentiles, and Jews – Abraham to Christ
- Angels, Gentiles, Jews, and Christians – Christ to Eternity Future
God’s plan for each was unique and distinct.
7) Christ is the Bridegroom and the Church is the Bride. 2 Cor 11:2, Rev 19:7
Rev 19:7 “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.”
And as His bride, we will be displayed in our perfection and glory.
Rev 21:9 “Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and spoke with me, saying, “Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”
There are 3 main components to the study of Ecclesiology (the Church):
- The church as Christ’s body, His bride, His fullness that He is made full in them, and we in Him. (Positional and Ultimate Sanctification)
- The local church, which is the assembly composed of those who in any locality profess to be followers of Christ.
- The high calling for a daily life in conformity with the position which the believer sustains being in Christ. (Experiential Sanctification)